Friday, January 15, 2010

Another Great Dividend Play

This post is about another great dividend play I like a lot. I am talking about Kraft Foods(KFT). This is a solid mature well run company that should be part of everyone’s long term portfolio. At the current prices the dividend yield is around 3.2%. So if the stock doesn’t move at all you are making 3.2%, not including the effects of the next time they raise it. They are the number 2 food company in the world. Being the world’s economies are still coming out of the worldwide recession this safe food company is a great conservative place to put some money. Also I believe they will be successful in acquiring Cadbury, which will give them the number one candy producing spot in the world. Again this company fits my investing philosophy of investing in what you know. I buy their products all the time being they are of a much higher quality than the store brands and most of their completion. This to me is a long term buy and forget about investment. Also no I don’t believe that buy and hold investing is dead, like many people in the industry have been saying. Thanks for reading. Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment