Monday, January 25, 2010

This Week's Dividend Play

I will try to keep up with one of my new year’s goals of doing 1 post a week on this BLOG. BTW – A little disclaimer, for this BLOG, most of the Stocks I post about I already own in my personal brokerage account. This makes sense being I strongly believe in the investments I am writing about so I own them myself. I am not guaranteeing that the companies I am writing about here will make you money; IMHO they are good long term investments so I put my money where my mouth is. Today’s dividend paying long term investment is General Electric(GE). At the current price and dividend yield of 2.4% I believe it’s a long term buy and hold. Solid company that is either number 1 or 2 in almost every segment they make products in. NBC is currently having some problems but once they get them worked out the stock should move up from these levels. Last March when the market was at its lowest point my brother and I both picked up more shares around $7 a share. Now that it’s $16.50 I am very happy with that decision. Before all the worldwide recession problems the shares were in the $40 range! I believe they will be back there within 3 years plus you get the 2.4% dividend play in the mean time. Also things are improving so they will probably raise the dividend within the next year, so it’s icing on the cake. Good luck investing. Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment